Before I start, let me just say that I am not vegan and Cafe Gratitude is the first true vegan/raw food restaurant that I've been to. I love it so much now that It's become my staple weekend go-to place. If you've never tried vegan or raw food, I would recommend checking this place out - you'll be blown away!
Categories: Vegan, Raw food
- 639 N Larchmont Blvd, Los Angeles 90004 (Mid-Wilshire)
- 512 Rose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Venice)
Hours: Monday - Sunday 10:00am - 10:00pm
Date visited: Multiple
Take out: Yes
Verdict: It's my favorite vegan/raw food place in LA. What more should I say?
- Locally sourced organic ingredients
- Raw, vegan food (excludes all products of animal origin, as well as food cooked at temperatures above 48°C/118°F)
- Outdoor and indoor seating options
- Good service and children friendly
- Take-out available
- A variety of vegan starters, platters, and desserts
- Large portions, you'll come out fulfilled and satisfied
- I Am Whole: Macrobiotic bowl with sea vegetables, stewed adzuki beans, raw kale, carrots , house-made red cabbage kim chee and sea whip and black sesame seed gomasio with your choice of quinoa or local brown rice, tahini-garlic sauce and teriyaki almonds [Strongly recommend. MY FAVORITE!]
- I Am Happy: Mediterranean wrap with live falafels, zucchini cilantro hummus, spinach, red onion, tomato, cucumber, red chili pepper sauce and garlic tahini dressing on live sun-dried tomato bread
- I Am Terrific: Live kelp noodles tossed with our almond thai dressing with red peppers, carrots, kale, cilantro basil and green onions. Topped with teriyaki almonds
- I Am Transformed: Two organic corn tacos with sautéed seasonal vegetables, guacamole, black beans, salsa fresca and cashew nacho cheese. Served with a side salad.
- Cheesecake of the day: I've tried a few (mocha, pomegranate, etc) - I strongly recommend!
- Parking spaces are limited at the Mid-Wilshire location, so street park around the corner!