[Oslo] Frognerseteren Restaurant: A Magical Panorama View of Oslo
Categories: Diner, Cafe, Self-service
Address: Holmenkollveien 200, Oslo 0791, Norway (Frognerseteren)
Date visited: February 2013
Price: 8-15 €
Verdict: I wouldn't visit for the food, but I would definitely make my way out here for the view! STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!
- Magical and breathtaking view of Oslo from a mountain lodge at the top of Frognerseteren (a popular skiing and hiking spot in Norway located amid the Nordmarka forest)
- Architecture: a century-old wooden lodge, Vikings styled
- Self-service cafeteria style, with Norwegian food: main dishes (salmon, filet, etc.), soups, desserts, drink
- Warm cozy dining room sit-down area
- Food is quite expensive for what you're getting, but remember that you're paying for the setting
- Apple cake
- Inhale the view and atmosphere. Sit back and relax.
How to get there & tips:
- Take the metro and get off the Frognersetern station, which is the terminal station of the Holmenkollen line.
- Follow the signs for a short hike downslope towards the restaurant. Make sure to wear hiking-friendly shoes (NO UGGS)! The journey is a little tough and you may slip a few times, but it's well worth it.