[Recipe] Easy Baking - Soft Green Tea (Matcha) Cookies
Soft & Chewy Matcha Cookies Recipe
- Difficulty: Easy
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Baking Time: ~25 mins
I'm not really sure why my baking urges seem to always strike around midnight. I wanted cookies, real bad. Chocolate-chip, I thought. However, upon realizing that I'd ran out of chocolate chips, I scoured through my pantry to see what little ingredients I have available to bake. And guess what I found... matcha powder! So here goes, a very simple recipe with very few ingredients to make green tea cookies.
They came out lightly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Make sure to cool off in room temperature and best eaten 30-60 mins after cooling. I'd advise AGAINST putting it in the fridge as it'd suck out the moisture and make it less soft (but you can do so if you like crunchy cookies). Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and stir in the vanilla extract. Dissolve baking soda and salt in hot water. Add to the batter. Stir in flour, room temperature water and matcha powder. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 20g matcha (green tea) powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup room temperature water