[Los Angeles] Sugarfish by Sushi Nozawa
Categories: Japanese, Sushi
Address: Multiple locations
- 600 W. 7th St, Ste 150, Los Angeles, CA 90007 (Downtown)
- 1345 2nd St St, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)
- 11640 W. San Vicente Blvd, CA 90049 (Brentwood)
- 11288 Ventura Blvd, Ste C, Studio City, CA 91604 (Studio City)
- 4722 1/4 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292 (Marina Del Ray)
Date visited: Multiple times
Price: $20-30 (lunch), $25-35 (dinner)
Verdict: I visit this chain regularly... High quality sushi and great service at reasonable prices !
- Multiple branches around LA County, all serving fresh quality sushi
- Founded by the renowned Chef Kazunori Nozawa who also owns the famed Sushi Nozawa in Studio City
- Omasake-inspired, Sugarfish specializes in nigiri but instead of an everchanging menu, almost everyone orders one of their three prix-fixe menus (Trust Me Lite, Trust Me, The Nozawa) although a la carte is also available
- Despite the fixed menu, the fish is always very fresh and succulent, like omakase
- Each of the preset menus includes organic edamame and tuna sashimi in a special ponzu sauce for starters, then different amount of nigiri and handrolls depending on the set you order
- Each course is served separately, and is meant to be eaten immediately after (the rice in the nigiri is warm and thus tastes the best when served)
- Some of the nigiri come with a pre-paired sauce - do not dip these in soy sauce!
- The ambience of the restaurants may differ slightly depending on the branch but in general the mood is relaxed and the service is friendly
- Any of the three Trust Me's (dinner menu attached below)
- Sea urchin (uni) nigiri on the a la carte menu (separate order) - must try if you like uni!
- Does not take reservations
- The wait can be very long especially on weekends or peak dinner hours
- Parking can be difficult in some locations